Join me in making the “Through the eyes of Cy” pictorial quilt-techniques quilt-along sampler.
Every teacher needs a sampler quilt. Not strictly being a traditional quilter, I therefore vied away from the traditional sampler quilt and came up with this interesting pictorial version. This quilt finishes at 30″ x 42″ (67 cm x 102 cm) without borders.
The first block in “Through the eyes of Cy“ is Fishes in the deep blue sea. As you can see, I used the naive therefore bright drawings depicted in the artworks of my 4 year old grandson, Cylus, as design inspiration for this pattern.
This sampler is taught over 12 weeks.
Every second and fourth Wednesday of the month
Time: 9:00 – 13:00
Every first and third Saturday of the month
Time: 12:00 – 16:00
Tea and coffee is included in the class fee
In conclusion, you will need to bring the following to class:
- A working sewing machine.
- A rotary cutter, as well as a 12″ square ruler and cutting board
- Scissors, pins and number 10 sewing needles
- However, don’t bring fabric, thread as it will be discussed in the class to prevent excess and wrong purchases.
This pictorial quilt techniques quilt-along sampler is brought to you by Lenad Quilting.
Other courses by Danél @ Lenad Quilting
- EQ8 Quilt Design Software in a Nutshell
- Design and Draft your own Blocks in EQ8
- EQ8 Custom Layout – outside the box
Hope to see you here!